Pumpkin?


Thank you so much for all your lovely comments on my last post about the Eleanor cowl and about my reluctant selfie!  I'm afraid it's been one of those weeks (again) and I just haven't had a moment to get back to each of you.  But as always, I'm very grateful for your kind words and I'm glad that you loved the pattern too.

My little sprinting sewing project the other day really reminded me how much I've been missing out on playing with fabric lately.  Trips to the craft room have become rare events and something that needs to change I think.  I'm a little busy with a Super Secret project again at the moment, so I needed another quickie to satisfy the sewing urge.

I fancied a little Autumnal touch, so I've made a little fabric pumpkin mat.  At least I thought I had, but the first two people to view it said, 'oh I like the apple you've made', so maybe I didn't make a pumpkin after all.  Maybe I've made an apple.... 

You be the judge...



Well, it could certainly pass for an apple, I'll give anyone that but I must confess that I was hoping the colour would be a giveaway.  Maybe I should have stuck with my original idea, which was to use curved pieces of fabric to attempt to mimic the contours of the bulging pumpkin shape.  I thought about doing that and then decided, as this was to be a quick and enjoyable little sewing room trip, that I'd stick to something simple.

Ah well, some you win.... some end up looking like an apple!



For all it's imperfections, I quite like it.  It was fun to make and it does add that Autumnal touch that I was after, so it's alright in my book.  Now I just need to get up in the loft and find the rest of my seasonal nick nacks to spread the Autumnal feel around the home a little.


S x




SUBSCRIBE TO POSTS:

Comments

  1. Love it and the color certainly screams pumpkin and autumn!!!!
    Love
    AMarie
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Looks like a pumpkin to me. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it - the colours are lovely too

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I thought it was a pumpkin right away and think they're sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. j'aime beaucoup cette composition en forme de citrouille, bravo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sandra,
    It's a brilliant make, and could be either, to be honest, but the colours are very much Autumn colours!
    Love it!!!
    Ingrid xx
    http://myfunkycrochet.blogspot.be

    ReplyDelete
  7. Apple or pumpkin it's totally gorgeous and perfectly autumnal so I think it's a win!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So very sweet!! Love how it came out! And lovely fabrics too!! Have a great week! xo Holly

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's the sweetest pumpkin!! Love all your sweet fabrics and pretty hand stitches!! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks beautiful and like a pumpkin to me, especially with the autumn fabrics you used. ADORABLE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's super cute! And, I would never have thought it was an apple. It totally looks like a pumpkin to me. The shape and colors are perfect for a pumpkin. I love it! I know what you mean about needing to play with some creativity and rarely making it into the craft room. I've been having the same problem. Trips to the craft room are usually to just get something, put something away, use the ironing board or stand in there lost as to where to start. Ugh! I finally got going on something yesterday too. Yay! It feels so good, doesn't it?!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think it looks like a pumpkin for sure! I absolutely love it:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. As long as you like it that's the main thing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I, too, loved your Eleanor cowl, and I particularly loved the yarn! But I must say, I absolutely LOVE your pumpkin! And yes, it looks like a pumpkin. Maybe with reds, it would look like an apple, but the stem is too thick. It's a pumpkin. And I love it. Oh, I already said that. I love the fabrics and the way you used them together. I wish I was a sewer, but I just don't have the patience for it anymore. But I love fabric, and in make little things that can be hand sewn. Anyway, nice job. I wish I had one. xxoo. JO

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's definitely a pumpkin, you can tell by the stalk (not sure if that is the right word?) and the round bottom! Such lovely autumnal colours too :-) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think it looks just like a pumpkin. I've never seen an orange apple nor an apple with a stem like that. It's adorable! I love that the individual fabrics aren't overtly autumnal, yet the overall effect is. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great pumpkin! Love your autumn colours. You obviously could use the same pattern with green and red fabrics and it would be an apple, but this one is definatly a pumpkin! Very cute! Sam xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. It looks like a pumpkin to me, but pumpkin or apple it still says Autumn! These would make nice placemats along with matching napkins where each napkin was one of the fabrics from the placemat....Something to think about!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love it and to me it's most certainly a pumpkin ... I didn't even think apple until you said something ...
    It's beautiful, festive and warm as a pumpkin :)
    Just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  20. No, it's definitely a pumpkin! Lovely fabrics and stitch detail. Best wishes, Pj x

    ReplyDelete
  21. No, I see pumpkin!!! I think that the colours definitely say pumpkin, apple would have been red and or green! Having said that I have some candles that are supposed to be apples that are pumpkin orange colour, so I pretend they are pumpkins, so perhaps there is some confusion! I love your mat in any case!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your pumpkin is gorgeous Sandra, I love your mix of fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  23. It is OBVIOUSLY a pumpkin! And a very attractive one, too. I love it. xx

    ReplyDelete